Taipei City Drug Abuse Prevention Center
Taipei City Drug Abuse Prevention Center
Taipei City Drug Abuse Prevention Center was established in Taipei City on November 17, 1995. According to anti-drug strategy from Ministry of Justice, the main concept has been adjusted from cutting off the supply to reducing the demand of drugs, and emphasizes on promoting drug abuse prevention education for general population and high-risk group of people in order to avoid the increase of new drug users. In addition, drug withdrawal program, psychological rehabilitation, follow-up counseling and other services are provided to drug addicts. Thus, they are empowered to have positive attitude to face the society again and to avoid repeating them. By enhancing “Drug-free” and “Anti-drug”, reducing the demand of drugs, and investigating to cut off the supply of drugs, the anti-drug effectiveness will be maximized.
2. Organizational Structure
The organizational structure of Taipei City Drug Abuse Prevention Center is set by Taipei City Mayor being responded for Convener, Deputy Mayor being responded for Deputy Convener, Commissioner of Department of Health being responded for Chief Executive Officer, Executive Secretary, and seven working groups. The primary responsibility and function of each group’s tasks are described as follows:
A. General Planning Group
1. To work on the annual implementation plan for drug abuse prevention.
2. To collect and summarize the administration policy plan and important strategies for drug abuse prevention center.
3. To coordinate relevant units to promote the work of drug abuse prevention.
4. To compile annual implementation plan for drug abuse prevention and education training for each group.
5. To conduct drug abuse specialist training and other general planning subjects.
6. To conduct coordination of drug abuse prevention workshops.
B. Medical Referral Group
1. To conduct HIV and Hepatitis C virus screening service.
2. To conduct the drug user substitute therapy program.
3. To provide psychological counseling and health education.
4. To establish therapy referral process for drug users.
5. To establish cooperation with civil rehabilitation institutions and referral mechanism.
6. To involve non-government organization and religious drug treatment groups in rehabilitation treatments.
7. To establish rehabilitation treatment referral process and addicts’ file.
8. To compile the statistical analysis for the results of drug abuse prevention and drug rehabilitation.
9. To provide psychological referrals to medical institutions appointed by Department of Health, Executive Yuan for psychological conseling.
10. To establish counseling service hotline.
11. Other referral service.
C. Hazard Prevention Group
1. To conduct social assistance counseling hotline service.
2. To conduct psychological counseling, crisis management and follow-up service.
3. To conduct social welfare content and to connect social resources.
4. To recruit and train volunteers, to set up a volunteer service team, and to arrange staff workshops.
5. Other drug abuse prevention related assistant matters.
D. Prevention Education Group
1. To plan drug abuse prevention advocacy on campus.
2. To be responsible for drug abuse prevention education.
3. To promote drug abuse prevention education and the concept of family value.
4. To provide education and referral counseling for drug users' children.
5. Other prevention and advocacy information.
E. Social Assistance Group
1. To investigate for drug users.
2. To follow up the individual case from rehabilitation institutions.
3. To conduct security maintenance for substitution therapy medical institutions.
4. To conduct criminal statistics for drug users.
F. Prevention Advocacy Group
1. To publish drug abuse prevention advocacy materials.
2. To announce drug abuse prevention related news and conduct public relate matters.
3. To promote drug abuse prevention advocacy.
G. Employment Service Group
1. To provide employment services.
2. To conduct professional training and counseling.
Cooperating with Taipei district prosecutor office and Shi-Lin district prosecutor office to conduct follow-up counseling, referral and medical services for inmates, correctional institutions, and rehabilitated people.